At Polaris, making great products is not just a job – it is a way of life enabled by the rich diversity of our team where everyone’s contributions make a difference and count to ensure we are the Global Leader in Powersports.
Polaris Sales Australia is a fully - owned subsidiary of a NYSE listed company with an annual turnover of US $8 billion and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of both off-road and on-road vehicles. As a recognised leader in the powersports industry worldwide, we have been making machines that provide solutions, a break from the routine and a moment of freedom for over 60 years.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality off-road vehicles and side x sides. Polaris also brings the iconic Indian Motorcycle brand to motorcycle enthusiasts as the leading manufacturer of motorcycles in the world. Today Polaris is a strong, recognised, global brand and we are proud to have a long and proven track record of performance and growth underpinned by our commitment to the 15,000 employees globally who make a difference each day to our success.
Polaris Sales Australia respects, values, and encourages diversity. We’ve built a strong brand at Polaris where our culture of innovation is forged from unique thought. We know that not only Polaris, but the communities in which we live and work, benefit from recognising and celebrating the diversity of backgrounds, cultures, thoughts, experiences, and passions that each individual brings to our business.
We believe that diversity and inclusion underpin our culture, values, and the way we work at Polaris. We are committed to building a workplace where our differences are genuinely valued and our people feel respected, connected, and engaged. Our diversity of thought, perspectives and an inclusive work environment are key enablers to empower our people to shape a positive future at Polaris.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity in our ANZ team for a Product and Marketing Specialist that's responsible for the successful in-market performance of the Polaris ORV and Indian Motorcycle Parts, Accessory and Garment ranges from product launch to product sunset.
What will you be doing:
- End-to-end product line management of critical ORV and Motorcycle parts and accessory lines to support wholegoods sales via the dealer network
- Optimises $-per-unit performance by providing a superior and evolving product line
- Utilises market and product knowledge to identify market requirements for ORV and Motorcycle parts and accessories in the Australian and New Zealand markets
- Undertakes requisite market research to identify revenue and profit potential
- Works with National Manager PG&A and International PG&A colleagues to localise the global accessory product lines and launch what is appropriate
- Works with local suppliers to identify and fill market-specific product gaps
- Works with National Manager PG&A to review product margins and make sourcing and/or pricing adjustments to optimise product performance
- Identifies marketing asset requirements and commissions work to deliver finalised assets to the ORV and MC sales marketing teams. Utilises and adapts global assets as available
- Develops and designs internal dealership merchandising requirements
- This includes display planograms, slat wall and A-frame design, minimum stock holdings
- Works with Network Development manager to implement minimum PG&A display standards for dealerships and implements in-market
- Provides front-line support to the Polaris ORV and Indian Motorcycle sales teams (RDMs), as a key contact for our PGA business unit
- Supports the PG&A dealer support team with technical parts and accessory advice, and fitment trouble shooting and accessory technical questions from the Polaris and Indian online stores
What’s required to be successful:
- Experience in an ORV or MC sales or marketing role, with experience in accessory sales, or
- Experience in a product management role – automotive or motorcycle background highly regarded
- Experience in a product marketing role - automotive or motorcycle background highly regarded
- Parts interpreting experience with motorcycle, automotive, or agricultural equipment is highly regarded
- Exceptional communication skills – telephone, written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service skills – both external facing and internal.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and powerpoint.
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Dynamics and or Microsoft Atlas experience preferred but not essential
What we offer:
You will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture, with a strong sense of belonging and where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. You will be paid a competitive market related remuneration including participation in profit share, opportunity to learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a workplace that truly values diversity within a collaborative culture. We encourage workplace flexibility as we recognise that it's important to our team.
Polaris globally promotes and fosters a culture of Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and all applicants with respect, fairness and dignity and strive to get the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing us your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed as they are received, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to discuss further.