At Polaris, making great products is not just a job – it is a way of life enabled by the rich diversity of our team where everyone’s contributions make a difference and count to ensure we are the Global Leader in Powersports.
Polaris Sales Australia is a fully - owned subsidiary of a NYSE listed company with an annual turnover of US $8 billion and is one of the world's leading manufacturers of both off-road and on-road vehicles. As a recognised leader in the powersports industry worldwide, we have been making machines that provide solutions, a break from the routine and a moment of freedom for over 60 years.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality off-road vehicles and side x sides. Polaris also brings the iconic Indian Motorcycle brand to motorcycle enthusiasts as the leading manufacturer of motorcycles in the world. Today Polaris is a strong, recognised, global brand and we are proud to have a long and proven track record of performance and growth underpinned by our commitment to the 15,000 employees globally who make a difference each day to our success.
Polaris Sales Australia respects, values, and encourages diversity. We’ve built a strong brand at Polaris where our culture of innovation is forged from unique thought. We know that not only Polaris, but the communities in which we live and work, benefit from recognising and celebrating the diversity of backgrounds, cultures, thoughts, experiences, and passions that each individual brings to our business.
We believe that diversity and inclusion underpin our culture, values, and the way we work at Polaris. We are committed to building a workplace where our differences are genuinely valued and our people feel respected, connected, and engaged. Our diversity of thought, perspectives and an inclusive work environment are key enablers to empower our people to shape a positive future at Polaris.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity in our ANZ team for a Parts Interpreter & Dealer Support Specialist to join our Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) business unit to provide dealers in the Polaris and Indian Motorcycle networks specialist advice on the application, fitment and technical capabilities of Polaris and Indian Motorcycle genuine parts and accessories. This role is based in our Head Office, in Derrimut, VIC. It's an important role as it supports the Polaris ORV and Indian Motorcycle dealers with PG&A sales support, to improve parts and accessory fitment rates, market penetration and sales uptake.
What will you be doing:
- Provide front-line support to the Polaris ORV and Indian Motorcycle dealer network as a key contact for our PGA business unit
- Provide dealers with updates on the progress of orders and availability of stock
- Provide technical parts and accessory advice, parts interpreting assistance and fitment trouble shooting
- Use Polaris systems and data sources to undertake parts and accessory sales analysis, producing data on market performance and dealer uptake
- Partner with internal stakeholders to share data, to improve sales of parts and accessories to our dealer networks
- Assist with parts and accessory technical questions from the Polaris and Indian Motorcycle online stores
- Play an active role to support the National PG&A Sales and Marketing Manager in proactively managing the sales of the parts and accessory product ranges
- Provide backfill assistance to support the PG&A eCommerce functions and sales specialist during peak sales periods and annual leave
What’s required to be successful:
- Extensive parts interpreting experience with motorcycle, automotive, or agricultural equipment is essential
- Exceptional communication skills covering telephone, written and verbal
- Exceptional customer service skills with both external and internal customers
- Excellent knowledge and application of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Can work independently and can self-motivate in an autonomous environment as well as work as part of a team to deliver
- Has strong organisational skills and can multitask and prioritise workload
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Dynamics is preferred but not essential
- Flexibility is essential within the role as our customers and dealers are based nationally across Australia and New Zealand, which may require an adjustment to core working hours from time-to-time
- Some travel will be required to support dealers across the ANZ network
What we offer:
You will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture, with a strong sense of belonging and where you can bring your authentic self to work every day. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams and partnerships with our dealers, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills through on going learning and development opportunities.
You will be paid a competitive market related remuneration including participation in profit share, opportunity to learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a workplace that truly values diversity within a collaborative culture. We encourage workplace flexibility as we recognise that it's important to our team.
Polaris globally promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and all applicants with respect, fairness and dignity and strive to get the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
How to Apply:
Apply online by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. All applications will be reviewed as they are received, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to discuss further.