The Sportsman® 850 delivers hardest working, smoothest riding performance for the ultimate sport/utility experience. With a high-output 78 HP engine, rider active design to give you superior sightlines and a better ride, and the legendary Sportsman quality you expect, you'll have everything you need to take on the trails or get more done around your home and property.
The powerful engine and reliable performance you need to rip through the trails or get more done around your home and property.
• High-output 78 HP ProStar® 850 Twin EFI engine with single overhead cam.
• Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) to keep you moving in any weather.
• True On-Demand All Wheel Drive to give you the traction you need, when you need it.
With legendary Sportsman suspension and handling, you’ll be prepared to navigate the tightest corners and biggest obstacles with full comfort and control.
• Legendary Rolled Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) to keep you planted on all four tires in tight turns.
• 11.5" of obstacle-dominating ground clearance.
• Sport performance chassis to maximize usable ground clearance.
• Sport-inspired Rider Active Design for 30% better sightlines.
• NEW! Improved Engine Braking System (EBS) to keep your speed decelerations smooth and consistent.
The Sportsman 850 delivers massive payload and towing capacity to tackle the biggest jobs and get more done in fewer trips.
• Massive 1,500 lbs. of towing capacity.
• 575 lbs. payload capacity.
• Steel reinforced utility rack system with 360 lb. capacity.
• Over 8 gallons of integrated front & rear storage.
• Integrated winch and plow mount system for easy installation.
When you’re working on your property or out on the trail, you can’t afford down time. The Sportsman 850 is durable, reliable, and built to last.
• NEW! Strong ductile steel pinion cover for a more durable front differential.
• Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) for reliable cold start.
• Steel framed Lock & Ride® racks.
|Engine & Drivetrain|
|Engine Type||ProStar 850cc, 4-Stroke SOHC Twin Cylinder|
|Cylinders-Displacement (cc)||78 HP|
|Fuel System||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Transmission/Final Drive||Automatic PVT P/R/N/L/H; Shaft|
|Drive System Type||High Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD|
|Front Suspension||High Clearance Arched Dual A-Arm 22.9 cm Travel|
|Rear Suspension||High Clearance Arched Dual A-Arm, Rolled IRS, 26 cm Travel|
|Front/Rear Brakes||Single Lever 3-Wheel Hydraulic Disc with Hydraulic Rear Foot Brake|
|Parking Brake||Park in Transmission/Lockable Hand Lever|
|Tyres / Wheels|
|Front Tyres||26 x 8-14; CST|
|Rear Tyres||26 x 10-14; CST|
|Bed Box Dimensions (L x W x H)||N/A|
|Front/Rear Rack or Box Capacity||55 kg / 110 kg|
|Fuel Capacity||19.9 L|
|Ground Clearance||29 cm|
|Overall Vehicle Size (L x W x H)||211.4 x 120.9 x 128.9 cm|
|Wheelbase||53 in (134.6 cm)||Estimated Dry Weight||785 lb (357 kg)|
|Cargo System||Lock & Ride, 4 Cast Rack Extenders 15 L Front Dry Storage 8 L Rear Storage|
|Hitch Towing Rating||680.4 kg|
|Hitch/Type||Standard / 3.2 cm Receiver|
|Instrumentation||All Digital Gauge, Speedometer, Odometer, Tachometer, 2 Tripmeters, Hour Meter, Gear Indicator, Fuel Gauge, AWD Indicator, Volt Meter, Coolant Temperature, Hi-Temp Light, Clock, DC Outlet|